My dietitian friend, Janae "Pepper" introduced me to spinach smoothies!
Yummy Smoothie with Spinach
- 1-2 ripe bananas (or ones that you have frozen)-- bananas act as a sweetener
- a handful of spinach leaves
- about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (frozen ones are cheaper, plus this is what makes the smoothie cold and icy without having to add ice)
- any other fruit you if you want to add, fresh or frozen
- half of a small yogurt, or more if you like
- a dash of liquid, either milk (dairy or non-dairy) or any kind of juice, apply juice works very well
Blend all ingredients. If the smoothie is too runny, add more banana and/or frozen stuff or ice. If you are having trouble getting it to blend, you need to add more liquid — just a little at a time.
You can also try adding vanilla, honey, or cinnamon!